Arches v5 Demo
Please note that v4 demo users will need to re-register to access the v5 demo.
Arches v5 has many new features and enhancements compared with v4 (see Roadmap). However, because the demo site has not been customized for any particular implementation some of the v5 upgrades will not be evident when using the demo site—e.g., the new workflow functionality in v5 would need to be customized for individual use before it can be used. Improvements such as the new enhanced interface and the ability to export search results are available and evident in this demo site. The ability to use this demo site to try Arches Collector will be introduced shortly after the next version of the mobile app is released.
The test data in the demonstration version of Arches has been assembled from various sources, in particular:
- Los Angeles Historic Resources Inventory – This demo version of Arches contains a small subset of the current dataset from HistoricPlacesLA.org, which was the first large-scale implementation of the Arches platform and describes the built cultural heritage of the City of Los Angeles.
- Valley of the Queens – The Valley of the Queens data contained in this demo version of Arches represents only a small portion of the information collected as part of the Getty Conservation Institute’s conservation and management project. It is included to provide an example of how such archaeological data might be managed within Arches.
- Additional data sets will added over time
For a tutorial on how to use the Arches v5 Demo, click on the video link below for the Arches webinar on the v5 Demo with Q&A, presented in August 2020:
For the full transcript and slide deck of this webinar and to view other webinars, please visit the Arches Videos page.
How to access the Arches v5 demo site (click to open)
The Arches v5 Demo site is currently available at http://v5demo.archesproject.org. Visitors without login credentials can search the demo’s data by navigating through the new search and discovery interface.
In order to enter and edit the demo site’s data, visitors must sign up for access:
- Click on “Login/Register” from the home page:
- Click on “Register/Create new account”:
- Enter your information in the appropriate fields:
- Within an hour, you should receive an email to confirm your account. (Please check your spam folder if it does not arrive within this time.) After clicking the link in the email confirmation, you will be able to login to the Arches v5 demo site to create new resources and edit existing ones.
- Within a few days, you will be sent an email informing you that you have been given the ability to edit the controlled vocabularies in the Arches Reference Data Manager.
This demonstration version of Arches will be refreshed monthly (according to schedule below) and all data added to the system WILL BE OVERWRITTEN DURING THAT PROCESS WITH NO POSSIBILITY OF RETRIEVAL. Also, please be aware that any information entered by you will be viewable and editable by all users of the demo version.
User profile information, including login credentials, will also be refreshed according to the schedule below. After each refresh date, you may create a new account.
SCHEDULE FOR DEMO SITE REFRESH
|DATE||DEMO DATA REFRESH STATUS|
|October 20-22, 2021||Arches v5 Demo Site Refresh (includes deletion of all user account data)|
|December 22-24, 2021||Arches v5 Demo Site Refresh (includes deletion of all user account data)|
|February 23-25, 2022||Arches v5 Demo Site Refresh (includes deletion of all user account data)|
|April 20-22, 2022||Arches v5 Demo Site Refresh (includes deletion of all user account data)|
|June 22-24, 2022||Arches v5 Demo Site Refresh (includes deletion of all user account data)|
|August 24-26, 2022||Arches v5 Demo Site Refresh (includes deletion of all user account data)|
|Additional dates to be added to schedule.|
To stay informed about the Arches platform (including any new information regarding this demo), please like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, or join our LinkedIn page. If you have any questions regarding Arches, please visit the Arches Community Forum, where you can search for answers or post new questions.
If you are looking for the Arches v4 demonstration site, please click here.
If you are looking for the Arches v3 demonstration site, please click here.
Last updated: September 2021