The following is a listing of workshops, conference sessions, and other public events that feature information about the Arches platform. Events that are presented by the Arches team are denoted with an asterisk (*). If you would like to add an event to the list, please let us know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via our Discussion Forum.
*August 27, 2017 - CIPA 2017, Ottawa, Canada (Workshop)
Workshop: ARCHES HERITAGE INVENTORY AND MANAGEMENT PLATFORM (VERSION 4.0)
This workshop will provide an overview of Version 4.0 of the Arches heritage inventory and management platform, including the new Version 4 features with a focus on customizing the software to meet your organization’s or project’s needs.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of the management of heritage data in Arches, including international data standards, graphs, controlled vocabularies, and integration with external web services
- System design and capabilities, including system architecture, creating and managing data, searching and reporting functionality, and geospatial layers
- Arches deployment, including the new installation wizard, the new application configuration manager, the new user-profile and permissions manager, and customization of the platform through the new integrated graph manager
- Features coming soon, including the new mobile data collection app for smartphone and tablet field data collection with or without network connectivity, and data contributions including crowdsourcing with the new data-collection project manager tool
- The Arches community, including how to participate
- How Arches is being implemented by a range of heritage organizations and projects.
Presented by David Myers and Annabel Lee Enriquez (Getty Conservation Institute), Dennis Wuthrich (Farallon Geographics), and Adam Cox (Legion GIS)
Sunday, August 27, 2017, 10am – 4pm (lunch provided)
26th International CIPA Symposium, Ottawa: Digital Workflows for Heritage Conservation
To register for the workshop, please fill out the Arches CIPA Workshop Registration Form. Workshop attendees must also register for the CIPA Symposium at http://cipaottawa.org/registration. For more information on the symposium, visit http://cipaottawa.org/.
For past Arches-related events, please visit the Arches Events Archive page.